Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay

 In June I ran the Ragnar Relay with my good friend Karlee Fryer and some of her family and their friends!  It was SO FUN!  Here we are at the starting line up at Utah State at 4 AM!!!  This was our 6 member group for Van 1.  Van 2 consisted of 6 more family members of Karlee.  A team total of 12 that ran from Logan to Park City!  I don't remember our finishing time but I think our team averaged a 9 min mile.  I did not contribute to that speed however; I am what you would call a "slow runner"! 
 Karlee and me.  Best friends since 1st grade!
 The four girls from our van.  left to right:  Karlee, Tausha (friend of Karlee's sis), me, Larissa (Karlee's sister)   The "Honey Buckets" were a place I would frequent before each run! 
Here is the entire group of 12 at the finish line!  We did it!!!  I was proud of myself for finishing the race considering my "training" started just 2 months prior.  I did not inherit my dad's "runner legs"!  I'm excited to run next year's race with my family!  Woot Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Allie, what a fun way to mix fitness and friends together!

    ReplyDelete