Monday, May 31, 2010

Like a moth to a flame

My dear sweet boys are VERY attached to their mother! (I know it's shocking to some) It seems to be getting worse lately; I leave the room to put in a load of laundry, load the dishwasher, take a shower, or use the restroom and within minutes or even seconds there they are right by my side. It starts with them yelling my name and then when I don't answer, they come looking. Even Jack is yelling, "mama!" Max is notorious at yelling my name while Jack is napping instead of getting his little lazy bottom up and looking for me. (good thing he has a cute little bottom) I have resorted to telling him where I'm going so that he knows not to yell for me and to come and get me instead. It is really quite ridiculous. I'm trying to enjoy everyday with my kids because they are at a really fun age, but let's be honest; it would be nice to use the restroom in PEACE once in awhile! I was in my bathroom today and of course my two little ones were in there with me and I told Max that I was the flame and he was the moth. He looked at me weird and asked what that meant, I told him it means he follows me everywhere. He looked at me with his "blank stare" and walked out of the bathroom. Apparently it had little effect on him. Jack's favorite pastime is to open the shower door while I'm in there and bring me toys or books. I usually resort to leaving the door open to avoid his fingers getting smashed. He's not quite strong enough to push it open all the way without it swinging back and smashing his hand, although he doesn't complain when that happens. Sometimes I wonder if that kid feels any pain.
And the fighting... oh the fighting. I never would have guessed that a four year old and an almost 18 month old would fight so much. "What is the problem!?!?" has turned into my staple phrase lately. Oh the joys of motherhood! What will I do when number 3 comes along? (good thing it's not any time soon) I don't know how other people do it. I just have to thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with two sweet boys and I really wouldn't have it any other way. They are my life and they make me so happy. I just have to start writing it down while I remember it, because some day I'll want them to follow me around and tell me cute things like, "mommy, you're adorable." -Max

5 comments:

  1. Max has always been nervous when he can't find his mom! "where's my mom" is something I hear often from Max's mouth. I love those little boys, good thing they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile because I can just picture Max & Jack yelling for you while you're trying to go to the bathroom or Jack coming to bring you things in the shower. I can also hear your voice asking "What is the problem?!"
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Allison, I feel ya! Just wait till Max starts claiming "He started it!" On days when it's just too much, call me up, we'll see if our little moths can't keep each other occupied for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing parents and grandparentsw love their offspring no matter what they do - otherwise we would have a lot of disowned kids running around getting into trouble. Just be patient - it does and will get worse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max wonders about a lot of things, the location of his mom being one of his top concerns. Based on Jack's penetrating gaze, I'll be he'll be just as inquisitive.

    ReplyDelete